Links and Resources
This list is a variety of resources that have been either shared with us or found in our research. Please feel free to email us and pass along your own!
- www.corestandards.org: The “official site” for the Common Core standards. Print them out and get numerous additional resources.
- Student Achievement Partners: free resources for teachers on ELA & Math common core; a presentation titled “Gearing Up for the Common Core” is a good starting place for understanding CCSS
- “Making the Shifts”, Sandra Alberti-about the 3 main shifts to keep in mind for implementing CCSS ELA & Math
- ISBE Common Core Resource Page: All resources available directly from ISBE on CCSS in Illinois.
- ISBE Common Core Professional Learning Series: Designed to assist educators of varying understandings of Common Core in implementing into their classroom
- EduCORE: ASCD (Assoc for Supervision & Curriculum Development) website whose sole purpose is Common Core understanding and integration. Resources available for teachers including FREE lesson plans and ideas. Registration for site is optional.
- Common Core Illinois: Coalition of organizations that are providing additional resources to parents and educators about the CCSS.
- NEA Common Core Toolkit: Information and resources from the NEA about the CCSS.
- NEA Issues and Actions: Common Core State Standards
- Information on the assessment, PARCC (Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers)
- Hunt Institute’s common core video series
English & Language Arts Links
The links below are specific to ELA in the Common Core:
- ELA Teacher Guides to PARCC model content framework(divided by grade level K-12)
- The Common Core Ate My Baby & Other Urban Legends: Educational Leadership, December 2012
The links below are specific to Math in the Common Core:
- Illustrative Mathematics: Provides models and samples of how Common Core math standards can be used in the classroom.