These links are related to the implementation of PERA (Performance Evaluation Reform Act). Remember that PERA and the “Race to the Top” Federal Grant are strongly linked and often are synonymous:
- Performance Evaluation Advisory Council (PEAC): This group serves as the advisors for how PERA will be implemented
- Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC): Group that is helping to develop new assessments to aid in measuring college and career readiness for students. Illinois is a governing members of this body.
- Growth Through Learning: Group that is responsible for developing the certification training and assessment for evaluation. This group includes the DuPage ROE; Teachscape, VARC, and the Danielson group.
The Performance Evaluation Reform Act (PERA) was passed in January 2010 to help Illinois’ application for the Race to the Top (RTTT) competitive grant. Many of the following resources reference RTTT because these are the reforms that are driving much of the legislation and discussion. To date, there have been 3 rounds of RTTT grants and the resources are divided up by round (files are pdf unless otherwise noted):
Race to the Top Part 1:
- SB 315 Fact Sheet
- IASB SB 315 Analysis
- PERA Unconditional Components (IEA Document)
- RTTT: A Look at the PERA Legislation
- RTTT: A Look at the PERA Legislation (Video)
Race to the Top Part 2:
Race to the Top Part 3: